Clean Steam for Sterile Processing Sign up Form
Clean Steam for Sterile Processing
Many Sterile Processing departments think they are receiving adequate steam from their Central Plant. This “dry steam” is produced by treating municipal water with softeners, chemicals, and steam filters.
However, this is not Clean Steam and it can lead to issues with the instrument cleaning and maintenance problems with the equipment.
- Why should you be concerned about your steam?
- Sterile Processing departments experience no spotting, staining, or wear-down of surgical instruments.
- Clean surgical and medical instruments equal a 0% infection rate.
- Using clean steam results in increased department throughput.
- Clean steam causes less wear and tear on sterile processing equipment.